When you decide to move to VoIP, it would mean to move away from your present service provider. However, for the continuity of your business communications, it may be vital to keep the existing number. Number portability is a service that allows a customer to change telecom carrier and keep the same phone number. The process is relatively simple, and a minimum amount of information is required.
Please perform the below actions to port a number:
- Click upon the Number Porting option, from the Account Settings menu from the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Click on the Add button.
When you click on the Add button, a new set of options will appear on left side of the screen as shown.
- Enter the number/s, which you want to port.
- Click on Check button to check the availability.
- Enter the name of Current Carrier.
- Enter the Customer Name.
- Add Address, City, State, Zip and the Customer contact numbers
- Enter your current carrier’s billing account number in the field of ‘Billing Account Number’
- Click on the save button.
Then, you’ll be notified with a mail regarding the number porting request.
Note: Users can also check their all number porting requests in the section.