When you decide to move to VoIP, it would mean to move away from your present service provider. However, for the continuity of your business communications, it may be vital to keep the existing number. Number portability is a service that allows a customer to change telecom carrier and keep the same phone number. The process is relatively simple, and a minimum amount of information is required.
Check Your Numbers
- Click on the Settings icon from the top right corner of your screen.
- Check for the Porting and Provisioning section and click on Number tab under it.
Perform the below actions to port a number:
- Click on the “+”
- When you click on the “+” button, a new set of options will appear on left side of the screen as shown below.
- Enter the number type and number/s, which you want to port.
- Click on Check button to check the availability.
- Enter the name of Current Carrier.
- Enter the Customer Name.
- Add Address, City, State, Zip and the Customer contact person and number
- Enter your current carrier’s billing account number in the field of ‘Billing Account Number’
- Click on the save button.
Then, you’ll be notified with a mail regarding the number porting request.
Note: Users can also check their all number porting requests in the section.